An evacuation trifold is a document that provides critical information in the event of a fire in your specific building. There are three general types of trifolds: residential, office, and laboratory occupancies. Some laboratories have additional information on what steps to take if a specific sensor or alarm is activated.
An evacuation trifold details the following:
- Building address - if calling 911 the dispatcher will need the building address
- Emergency contact information
- General evacuation guidelines
- What to do if you discover a fire
- Primary and secondary meeting sites
- Fire prevention recommendations