Earlier this year, EH&S officially implemented a new Inspection Management System (IMS). This web-based tool enables EH&S professionals and their partners to seamlessly manage all aspects of safety-related inspections campus-wide. Inspection results and reports are generated immediately after an inspection is completed using electronic checklists. Links to corrective actions and inspection reports are automatically sent to designated personnel, who can view the status of corrective actions and inspection reports instantaneously. Since corrective actions are managed online, reports are updated in real time. Area managers can view the status of corrective actions and ensure that they are completed in a timely manner.
What’s new with this system?
- EH&S safety officers will use iPads to enter data.
- Reports will be available online once inspections are complete.
- Responsible persons will be notified immediately when assigned corrective actions.
- Corrective action status can be viewed online by designated personnel any time.
- Each corrective action can be closed out online.
- Data is stored and available for review at any time.
- Centrally stores data online so items no longer get lost in the shuffle.
- Eliminates the need for repetitive email and phone communication.
- Significantly reduces the need for paper notes and filing.
- Provides the ability to trend and identify patterns.
- Reduces time spent finding forms or other resources needed to correct actions.
All of these features allow EH&S to provide more efficient and effective service to our customers in an effort to create a safe environment for students, faculty and staff on campus.
To access the IMS system, or any of the EH&S tools, please click here.
Note: You must be a registered user to access IMS. If you have any questions about registering see the document IMS Registration and Login listed on the IMS page.